“There is no passion to be found playing small — in settling for a life that is less than you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela
A year changes a lot of things.
When you’re in it, you don’t see the subtle things that add up to the big picture, but wow, what a difference a year makes! And one of my favorite things is to write down the significant parts, and compare them to where I was in the past, and see not only how my life keeps moving forward, but also how the Creator’s hand paints a beautiful masterpiece through each moment.
I’m so grateful for this life.
Here’s a quick recap of my year!
- I started working for 13thirty Cancer Connect in July, and will be full-time beginning January 1st! I love this organization and the good work we’re doing in the AYA Cancer community — obviously so near and dear to my heart. I can’t wait to see what the next year and beyond holds for us!
- Received my certification in Health Coaching from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in September and started building my coaching business, along with continuing to educate and empower with and through Young Living Essential Oils. This year I worked with wellness groups and with individuals who were looking to make the shift into a healthier lifestyle, and offer encouragement to other cancer patients and those in remission who were looking for alternative options and treatments. Along with that…
- I am humbled that my story of healing has stretched beyond myself and my immediate sphere of influence. From 13WHAM News, to the Daily Mail in the UK, (although the news outlets can never get my story straight, haha, so READ MY OWN WORDS HERE) I have had so many people reach out and start asking the questions. If I can be a light and a hope to just ONE person, that is enough. And God continues to use me to share Truth over and over again, on a daily basis. My own journey with cancer was just the beginning!
- My goal of one new place a year was reached!! California, Hawaii, and Boston welcomed me with open arms and plenty of adventures this year. From hiking in the Temecula deserts to surfing in Maui, I continue trying new things and conquering long-held fears (although I’m still terrified of needles and getting blood-work done, haha).
- Moved again, and I love our new place — it was exactly what we needed and at the perfect time…no surprise there!
- Easton and Wrigley, our adopted canine family members, joined us in May 🙂
- So many blessings and answered prayers within my family this year. So grateful.
I feel like 2017 was a preparation year, and it has been full to the brim and overflowing with blessings, victories, and planted seeds. It was by no means all smooth-sailing, but calmer waters than the past few years have been, and that’s perfectly ok with me.
Here’s to 2018 — let’s go into this coming year with a heart full of hope, expectation, and dreams. Open your heart to transformation and creativity. Be willing to go beyond yourself and push your self-made limitations. I hope you are a different person this time next year — always fluid and learning and growing!
Give God thanks for the things He’s done, but praise Him for the things He’s doing behind the scenes that you aren’t quite ready to see. He knows when the blessing you’re waiting for won’t be a burden in your life…He knows the perfect timing! Worship Him in the waiting.
The best is yet to come!