“Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.” – Isaiah 40:19
2016 has been a year of so many new beginnings and complete endings.
Looking back on everything, it’s almost a blur of puzzle pieces that fit together perfectly, while others are floating around, still waiting to be connected. And now, with the last week of December almost at a close, I’m reflecting on it all and excitedly peeking into the new year with anticipation.
In the past year:
- I stepped down from full-time ministry as a career, and have watched God open doors to ministry every day as a way of life
- Pursued my health and healing through total mind/body/spirit change
- Discovered so much about myself and about the God I serve- grace and truth above all
- Was declared stage IV cancer-free by disbelieving doctors after my October PET scan, but more importantly, heard from God in February that “It is FINISHED” and trusted Him through the process of healing my body through alternative medicine and changing my lifestyle to clean eating, essential oils as medicine (and I love to share and educate about them, so contact me for information!), other alternative methods, and true self-care; He is truely faithful to His promises, and loving toward all He has made! (Ps. 145:13)
- Began my health coaching certification in September- I will be a certified health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition® and taking clients in 2017! So exciting!
- Said goodbye to Titan, our family dog for 14 long and happy years 😦
- Moved from my one bedroom apartment of three years to a cute little home with my sister
- Got involved with 13thirty Cancer Connect and First Descents; making great friendships and connecting with others who have experienced the same challenges
- Traveled to Punta Cana, Montana, and Manchester-by-the-Sea (outside of Boston)- hitting my goal of at least two new places a year!
- Stepped outside of my comfort zone more than a few times (such as whitewater kayaking- WHAT), and watched the amazing changes that happened in myself as a result!
- Dreamed big dreams– and set some awesome things in motion that will be revealed in the next few months. The site is still under construction, but keep an eye on updates about Going Rogue Collective!
- Working at a juice bar and helping others to discover health and healing through real nutrition
- Saw God work in and bless my family in HUGE ways
- Pushed my writing to expand its reach, and was published in Cottage Hill Magazine this past November!
- Experienced the full circle of relationships, both friendship and romantic; seeing how God removed the toxic and strengthened the life-giving. I am so incredibly grateful for the people in my life who are still standing with me.
- Played a few shows and got back into music and leading worship; an absolute miracle after my surgery
- Mourned and rejoiced with loved ones who saw amazing blessings this year and experienced hard losses
And a million more things.
It’s been an incredible journey. If I can leave you with anything in this final blog post of 2016, it’s this: Trust in the Lord with ALL of your heart, and don’t rely on yourself to figure it all out or to understand. Commit it all to Him. He will make your paths straight, your footing sure, and your plans succeed when they are fully surrendered to Him. You have no idea what He’s up to for His glory and your good. I’m not going to say that I’ve got it all figured out perfectly, because that’s a big fat lie. But I can’t deny His power and how I’ve seen Him work this year.
Here’s to a new year. Here’s to the crazy awesome ways that God is going to keep working and being faithful. Here’s to new adventures. Here’s to friendship and love. Here’s to the unexpected and the dreams. Here’s to lessons learned and character built.
Here’s to you, 2017. Let’s do this.